Determination of narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances in human urine
Qualitative determination of narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances, their precursors, markers and other substances that have a toxic effect in human urine
The National Anti-Doping Laboratory conducts qualitative determination of narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances, their precursors, markers and other substances that have a toxic effect in human urine. The Laboratory uses 2 methods:
- one-step immunochemical method (test strips).
List of being determined compounds
- tricyclic antidepressants;
- gas chromatography-low-resolution mass spectrometry.
List of being determined compounds:
- barbiturates (phenobarbital, pentobarbital, butalbital, amobarbital, secobarbital, etc.);
- benzodiazepines (alprazolam, clonazepam, dezalkylflurazepam, diazepam, galazepam, lorazepam, oxazepam, temazepam, triazolam, prazepam, etc.);
- tricyclic antidepressants (dibenzocycloheptene derivatives, etc.);
- opiates, opiate derivatives, opioid receptor agonists (morphine, hydromorphone, codeine, naloxone, naltrexone, oxycodone, hydrocodone, buprenorphine, meperidine, fentanyl, sufentanil, norfentanyl, tramadol, methadone, pethidine, etc.);
- amphetamine and its derivatives, other β-phenylalkylamines and their derivatives (amphetamine, methamphetamine, phentermine, MDA, MDMA, MDEA, benzfetamine, fenethylline, para-methylamphetamine, N-methylephedrine, benzylpiperazines, etc.);
- tryptamines (AMT, 5-MeO-AMT, 5-MeO-MiPT, 5-MeO-DALT, DET, etc.);
- other compounds included in the republican list of narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances and their precursors that are subject to state control in the Republic of Belarus, psychotropic substances or components of narcotic drugs included in this list that have psychotropic and (or) other toxic effects on the human body. For example, α-PVP, cannabidiol, mephentermine, methylphenidate, mefenorex, fenproporex, prolintane, mebicar, promedol;
- other drugs, their components and metabolites. For example, non-narcotic analgesics, including nonsteroidal and other anti-inflammatory drugs (analgin, ketorolac, ibuprofen, acetylsalicylic acid, diclofenac, paracetamol, etc.); antivirals drugs (efavirenz); antiepileptic drugs (carbamazepine); anesthetics (lidocaine); nootropic drugs (piracetam, phenibut).
The open list of substances analyzed under conditions of this method is limited by the availability of corresponding individual mass spectra in the used mass spectrometric libraries.
Preparation for the test
In this method the analyte is morning urine with a volume of at least 100 ml.
For urine collection a clean, dry bottle (beaker/container) without preservative with a screw cap, with a nominal capacity of at least 100 ml is used.
Biological material prior to transfer to the Laboratory should be stored (transported) in a refrigerator at a temperature of + 2 °C to + 4 °C in sealed form (sealed only when collected by other establishments of health) for no more than 5 (five) days. In order to avoid incorrect results due to the violation of temperature regimes, it is recommended to conduct the collection of biological material in the Laboratory.
Biological samples are delivered to the laboratory test in a sealed container (for establishments of health), which excludes the possibility of mechanical damage of the bottles with biological samples, with observance of the temperature conditions of biological samples (at temperatures from + 2 °C to + 4 °С). Delivery of biological samples from establishments of health to the laboratory test should be carried out no later than 5 days from the date of collection.
Biological material sampling, sealing, storage and transportation should be carried out in accordance with the Decree of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus of 9 August 2011 No. 81 "On the approval of the Instruction on the procedure for the sampling, storage and delivery of biological samples for laboratory testing, as well as determination of absolute ethyl alcohol, presence of narcotic drugs, psychotropic, toxic or other intoxicating substances in them during laboratory testing, and amending and supplementing the decision of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus of 9 July 2010 No. 92"
Schedule of taking biological material
Biological material is taking from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. from Monday to Friday. Material can be collected in any region if storage and transportation conditions are observed. The test time is 10 working days from the day of sample reception and contract conclusion.
Factors that may influence a result
- do not take drugs containing target substances before the test;
- do not use products containing poppy for two days.
Non-compliance with the recommendations can significantly affect the analysis result.
For individuals it is necessary to have a passport or other identity document.
- one-step immunochemical method (test strips): 19.04 BYN.
- gas chromatography-low-resolution mass spectrometry: 100.16 BYN.